Many years ago (around 1991) one of my mentors who's passed away gave me a many generations old-photocopy of a document with examples of Unix coding (shared memory, pipes, etc). It seemed to be part of a training guide from Bell labs. I no longer have a copy of the document and remember far too little to do a Google search. I had hopes the document posted here might be the same but it doesn't seem to be. Anyone here have a vague clue what document I may have been looking at? I certainly don't need that document for any technical reason, but at least would like to know who was responsible for it since it was such a pivotal document in my career* that I'd like to send thanks where thanks is due. (*that and the Unix 3B1 that a buddy rescued from the university dumpster for me and some long forgotten soul who gave me a full disk and manual set for the same machine). blessings! -joe On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Nick Owens wrote: > On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 01:26:05PM -0700, Bakul Shah wrote: > > > > http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/unix-reader/ > > > > yes. the maintainer of cat-v.org was the 'friend' who requested the > document. :-) > >