So this all makes me wonder why some social aggregation group (aka stack overflow or reddit/programming) or even just a big group of decentralized nerds couldn't just do a variant of GSoC on our own. Lining up mentors and mentees particularly w/o big biz or school backing is kinda what open source is all about. I guess what I'm saying is "could we do this on our own"? Maybe not having Google behind the effort takes some of the air out of it... but maybe not? -j On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > On Sun Mar 18 16:32:12 EDT 2012, rminnich@gmail.com wrote: > > coreboot got rejected too and we had 5 years in a row. Don't feel bad. > > I think they're trying to make sure that they don't get the same > > players year after year, which is a good idea IMHO. > > > > thanks, ron. that's reason enough to try again next year. > > - erik > >