I'm far from an expert here, but I believe the underlying model here is that a line at a time in/out of the subordinate command (in this case picolisp) is the smallest unit of exchange to Acme. Tell me some details about the environment where you're running picolisp/acme (OS/architecture/versions of picolisp and acme) and I can try this out on my side. -joe On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM, dexen deVries wrote: > Hi lists, > > On Friday 28 of September 2012 13:28:57 you wrote: > > > Acme does not emulate anything resembling ANSI terminal. As far as I > know, > > > it only treats TAB and LF characters in special way. In particular, no > > > cursor addressing resembling anything of ANSI terminal. > > > > Yes, but this is on a level higher. The picolisp line editor avoids any > > dependence on terminal control sequences (termcap or terminfo), by > > relying solely on spaces and backspaces to format the line. > > > I see now. I have similar annoyance with Git -- which uses ^H (or was it > CR?) > to over-write line of text when indicating pull progress (1% ^H^H2% ^H^H^3% > etc.etc.). > > > > In any way, instead of completely disabling 'led', you might change the > > function 'chgLine' in "lib/led.l", and replace "^H" ((prin "^H") in > > three places) with some other character which is suitable for acme. > > > I believe there's no direct replacement, but let's ask the nice folks on > 9fans@9fans.net -- I'm cross-posting this message. > > -- > dexen deVries > > [[[↓][→]]] > > >