Which version of MS Visual Studio would you use? On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Winston Kodogo wrote: > Hey Chris > > Cygwin is an option. Albeit one I wouldn’t use. The guys who did pf9 used > mingw. Which I also wouldn’t use. I like MS Visual Studio with access to > the native libraries on the platform of my choice - so colour me bigoted. > > I was kind of wondering if there was an option for people who like > Microsoft development tools to build Plan9 tools, which are admittedly a > minority taste in the Windows world, without spending several weeks > installing 3rd party tools and then being told how stupid they are. > > On 28/07/2016, at 1:27 PM, Chris McGee wrote: > > > > I was thinking of using Cygwin to see would be capable of compiling p9p. > > > > Chris > > > >> On Jul 27, 2016, at 9:08 PM, Andrew Simmons wrote: > >> > >> What the subject line says. > >> > >> This is not remotely intended to disrespect Sean Quinlan’s 9pm, or the > guys who did pf9. I’m just asking because there are still chunks of p9p > that I’d like to have under Windows. Some of the chunks I want (mostly the > command line utilities, also sam, not so much acme) I’ve managed to build > under Microsoft Visual Studio (note to self - wash mouth out and learn to > eschew IDEs and love mk ((also, sub-note to self, don’t use syntax > highlighting))) > >> > >> But, and this is a large but, there are parts of p9port that seem to be > dependent on the Unix world - unix pipes for one, the stuff about sigjmp > for another. > >> > >> So, what the subject line says, but also - how much of the > Unix-specific stuff in the current p9p is essential to a port to Windows? > >> > >> Go in peace > >> James V Choate XXXVI > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > >