On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Russ Cox wrote: > I believe the state of the art is not to use tcl. :-) > I'm having fun writing 9p clients in Go. > > Russ > Sure, tcl isn't as popular as Go right now. Still, tcl is appealing in some ways. http://www.tcl.tk/doc/scripting.html Was wondering if Go could be summarized as Plan 9 in language-space. (Ready... aim... fire) It seems like Plan 9 already "got it right" in the systems realm. (Arguments against Ousterhout's dichotomy, fire away) Seems like Plan 9 and tcl/tk would complement each other well. Also, this is somewhat unrelated, but I was wondering whether each Go executable contains the garbage collector. (It must, it seems, but just checking). - Leonard