Q for Mac is horrible, dodgy software. Then again, I didn't build it from source. The good thing is, it'll convert images just fine. On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 6:39 PM, wrote: > > In tried to install Inferno because I thought that it was the simplest > > way to access (at least the file system of) my Plan9 Raspberry Pi from > > my Mac. > > The other solutions I tried are awkward: > > 1. Plan9 under Virtual Box (don't want to pay for VMWare/Parallels). > > Configured network card according to Richard Miller's suggestion. > > Boots, but sometimes it doesn't, requiring to restart the program. > > Network works only sometimes. > > have you tried qemu? plan9 works wonderfully as a guest. > network access is as reliable as your mac. > > > 2. Plan9 from user space, installed over Brew. > > It works, but I don't see there any way to import (mount) the > > remote file system locally > > install macfuse and then you can use 9pfuse. it works, though > it is a bit slow. > > >