Erik, I've written the uncompressed file to a flash stick, and tried booting my dual core Pentium - no dice. Won't even recognise theres a flash stick plugged in with a disk image written to it. Likewise, my Mac said it wasn't able to read the flash stick once I had done the "dd" command. Is there an .ISO for that disk image you linked me to? Many thanks! Shane. On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > On Thu Feb 27 16:07:12 EST 2014, edgecomberts@gmail.com wrote: > > > Quick question Erik - is it ok to just "dd" that uncompressed file to a > > flash stick on my Macbook? > > unless there's something magic about mac flash sticks, i do the same > thing to test. except with plan 9. > > - erik > >