* [9fans] ODROID-W
@ 2014-08-01  2:16 Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-08-01  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi 9fans,

The knockoffs have arrived:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G140610189490

Pretty much the same as the RaspberryPi, insofar as electronics and chips
used. Apparently has a fuel gauge for LiPo battery, a UPS arrangement, and
an ADC. Unknown at this point to me what interfaces those use.

26 pin header is preserved, even though its a overall smaller board. There
are cards available for it that give it wired ethernet and four USB ports,
one USB port can be soldered onto the board. There is also an expansion
board with a SPI LCD as well as the mentioned interfaces.

I'm planning on getting one in their second round (expect the usual supply
chain issues), see how I go with it. If anyone gets one in the first round,
and verifies it working with Plan 9 (firmware issues?), please let me know!

Many thanks!

Shane.

* Re: [9fans] ODROID-W
@ 2014-08-01 14:18 ` Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2014-08-01 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 01/08/2014 04:16, Shane Morris wrote:
> There are cards available for it that give it wired ethernet and four
> USB ports

Do you mean RPi+-compatible extension cards?  Because I didn't see any
wired ethernet extension on the ODROID-W page.

Nicolas

* Re: [9fans] ODROID-W
@ 2014-08-01 14:49   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2014-08-01 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Isn't the ethernet in all cases provided by USB-ethernet adapter?
Perhaps this board is more stable than the rpi. I don't really trust
that, but would like to try it out.

On 8/1/14, Nicolas Bercher <nbercher@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 04:16, Shane Morris wrote:
>> There are cards available for it that give it wired ethernet and four
>> USB ports
>
> Do you mean RPi+-compatible extension cards?  Because I didn't see any
> wired ethernet extension on the ODROID-W page.
>
> Nicolas

* Re: [9fans] ODROID-W
@ 2014-08-01 16:30   ` yy
From: yy @ 2014-08-01 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 1 August 2014 16:18, Nicolas Bercher <nbercher@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 04:16, Shane Morris wrote:
>>
>> There are cards available for it that give it wired ethernet and four
>> USB ports
>

> Do you mean RPi+-compatible extension cards?  Because I didn't see any
> wired ethernet extension on the ODROID-W page.

It's right there, in the list of "Optional accessories":
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G140618854370

--
- yiyus || JGL .

* Re: [9fans] ODROID-W