Simply wow. One of the links in the Wikipedia page "See also" is the iNMOS Transputer - before I got back into the Plan, I looked up what become of iNMOS. See http://www.xmos.com/ and just for the heck of it, I have one of these, all of AU$17 (plus Element14s dodgy postage fees of AU$13, so something that is meant to be cheap becomes a rip - thanks guys...!): http://www.xmos.com/startkit. The StartKit will talk SPI to a RaspberryPi just fine and dandy. Or even an Edison if you really want to stretch the friendship. As you said, this stuff screams "Plan 9 me!" So, uh, I will, I guess. On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Roswell Grey wrote: > Hello! I was doing some reading about old parallel computers, when I came > across Wikipedia's article on this beast: > > http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCUBE > > In short, it used hundreds of specially-designed microprocessors to do > some awesome parallel tasks. This just screams 9, right? Well, apparently, > the NCUBE-3 was supposed to run a microkernel called "Transit" which was > said to be based on 9. Isn't that awesome? Someone had the right idea! Now > I know 9 ran on blue gene too, but for nostalgic software interest, would > anyone have more information on transit? I think it'd be really cool to see > how they did it with the ncube hardware (hippi networks, custom processors, > custom intranetworks right down to the board) I am aware that it might be > proprietary and closed source, let alone difficult to obtain the source if > it even exists anywhere, but there's got to be documentation floating > around out there... Thanks guys! >