* [9fans] Plan 9 on an Ncube-3?
@ 2014-09-27 15:22 Roswell Grey
From: Roswell Grey @ 2014-09-27 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello! I was doing some reading about old parallel computers, when I came
across Wikipedia's article on this beast:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCUBE

In short, it used hundreds of specially-designed microprocessors to do some
awesome parallel tasks. This just screams 9, right? Well, apparently, the
NCUBE-3 was supposed to run a microkernel called "Transit" which was said
to be based on 9. Isn't that awesome? Someone had the right idea! Now I
know 9 ran on blue gene too, but for nostalgic software interest, would
anyone have more information on transit? I think it'd be really cool to see
how they did it with the ncube hardware (hippi networks, custom processors,
custom intranetworks right down to the board) I am aware that it might be
proprietary and closed source, let alone difficult to obtain the source if
it even exists anywhere, but there's got to be documentation floating
around out there... Thanks guys!

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on an Ncube-3?
@ 2014-09-27 15:35 ` Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-09-27 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)