From: Shane Morris <edgecomberts@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Inferno and the Parallella
Date: Wed,  5 Feb 2014 17:40:33 +1100	[thread overview]

Seems there is some interest in this chip, and the board. As you said
Henry, state machines would run very quickly in parallel - I had some wad
arguing that an FPGA is the only thing you need, but nothing beats a hard
core for hard tasks. Grid it up in parallel, times sixteen, and thats a
fair bit of processing power.

I have already sent a few people emails concerning this, independently of
the list, to garner their opinions. Out of four people, only one has
replied, I suppose, Australia is on the other side of the world to most of
you guys, time zones and all. But I'm going to make an open call - if a
GSoC mentor in parallelism could be found, willing to advise the project,
could this be a GSoC project?

I suppose I should tender the idea on the wiki, but I'd rather not. Never
played with wiki's, nor had the interest to try. Too busy designing robots.
Tried a TAFENSW Moodle once, that was bad enough.