From: mycroftiv 9gridchan <mycroftiv@sphericalharmony.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: [9fans] Re: Ultrafiltered Ideal Plan 9
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:50:48 -0600	[thread overview]

Well that post was a bit over dramatic perhaps but this is still a
real thing that is happening I think. I honestly don't know the best
way to move forward with a community 9-project as a practical matter.
I have been involved in Plan 9 forever and want to have good positive
communication and relations with all the other projects. The 9p.zone
chat is my primary 9 home but that is probably not the right home
base.

If anyone is confused, I have already written and deployed a lot of
Plan 9 code with various features which has been developed for a long
time and in general saw fairly limited community uptake. There as been
some work since the last ANTS release in December 2019 to update
things by various people.

The bigger goal is really to make things flexible across all the
variant codebases by leveraging plan 9 namespaces and multiple file
trees in ventis and Spawngrid-style architecture. Probably "spawngrid"
is not known to many - it was a midscale global network of ants
servers which did spawn-on-demand quasi containerized namespace
environments based on fossil rootscores and the ants rfork V patch for
private /srv-spaces. It worked surprisingly well overall.

Not sure where I'm going with this other than to stay present and
communicating with any who are interested.
JenBen