* [9fans] Do Plan9Port's lib9 and libbio work on Windows?
@ 2014-11-29  0:54 Ryan Gonzalez
From: Ryan Gonzalez @ 2014-11-29  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I Google'd it, but I didn't find anything. Does it build?

--
Ryan
If anybody ever asks me why I prefer C++ to C, my answer will be simple:

* Re: [9fans] Do Plan9Port's lib9 and libbio work on Windows?
@ 2014-11-29  1:31 ` minux
From: minux @ 2014-11-29  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM, Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19@gmail.com> wrote:
> I Google'd it, but I didn't find anything. Does it build?
If you stub out a lot of unsupported stuff from lib9, it should build and work.

For example, Go (gc) toolchain uses a modified lib9 and libbio on Windows,
and it's working fine. (Must be built using mingw, not the crippled C
compiler in
VS).

* Re: [9fans] Do Plan9Port's lib9 and libbio work on Windows?
@ 2014-11-29  3:31   ` Ryan
From: Ryan @ 2014-11-29  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, minux

minux <minux.ma@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM, Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> I Google'd it, but I didn't find anything. Does it build?
>If you stub out a lot of unsupported stuff from lib9, it should build
>and work.

*sigh* I was afraid of that.

>For example, Go (gc) toolchain uses a modified lib9 and libbio on
>Windows,
>and it's working fine. (Must be built using mingw, not the crippled C
>compiler in
>VS).

Of course; VS can barely compile anything useful.

@ 2014-11-29  8:19 ` Quintile
From: Quintile @ 2014-11-29  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yes

there is pf9 for windows, which is a port of p9p.

I have also been working on my own port for years, more orientated towards using a windows box as a cup server. shout if you want that.

Steve

@ 2014-11-30  1:31     ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2014-11-30  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 29 November 2014 at 03:31, Ryan <rymg19@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course; VS can barely compile anything useful.

The version of lib9 and libbio in Inferno will compile with the free MS
compiler suite.
I don't remember any particular problems.

* Re: [9fans] Do Plan9Port's lib9 and libbio work on Windows?
@ 2014-11-30  2:19       ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2014-11-30  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I agree. I have never seen Inferno built with ming.

brucee

@ 2014-11-30 23:21         ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2014-11-30 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 30 November 2014 at 02:19, Bruce Ellis <bruce.ellis@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have never seen Inferno built with ming.

I think someone did that once, but it was a long time ago, before the MS
compilers could be downloaded.

* Re: [9fans] Do Plan9Port's lib9 and libbio work on Windows?
@ 2014-11-30 23:57   ` Ryan Gonzalez
From: Ryan Gonzalez @ 2014-11-30 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs