On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 3:50 AM, Aram Hăvărneanu wrote: > On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Ryan Gonzalez wrote: > > Go had vastly better versions, but it seems they got ripped out > recently. I > > think Go 1.3 may have had them, in which case you'd do something like: > > > > go tool 6c tst.c > > go tool 6l -o tst tst.6 > > First, Go did not have "vastly better versions", Go's compilers came > from Inferno and the back-ends were very minimally modified, mainly to > fix bugs. The linkers and other lower level details were modified a > lot, but they make what you want to do harder, not easier. > Well, they worked with ELF files. > Second, what you typed will try to link with the Go runtime, which is > definitely not what you want. Third, it will not work, at least not > without further work, main is not the entry point. Fourth, you don't > have a standard library available. > I know. ken-cc doesn't give you a standard library either. I'm getting these commands off the top of my head, not a manual somewhere. > > Go's compiler were there for building the Go runtime. To use them for > anything else, you'd need *a lot* of work, much more work than by > starting with the Plan 9/Inferno/Ken-cc directly. > > Eh... > -- > Aram Hăvărneanu > > -- Ryan [ERROR]: Your autotools build scripts are 200 lines longer than your program. Something’s wrong. http://kirbyfan64.github.io/