Compile or not compile, there is no try. One does not simply compile. 2013/12/3 erik quanstrom > > The patch was a bit of a scream. I'm the first to admit that 8c needs > > a touch of TLC and that an abort() in the middle of a compiler, > > without the slightest attempt to deal with the problem is at least as > > embarrassing as the expansion of BGETLE, but the original code that > > tripped the compiler was also extremely shoddy. And the Go > > one does not attempt in a compiler. one does correctly or one does > not do. "attempting" is the path to madness. it's been a while since > i've debugged something down to the asm and found the compiler had > got it wrong. we must keep it this way! > > - erik > >