Some of these programs are just really thin wrappers around system calls. I don't see how they would benefit from being rewritten in go. Goblin was a fun way to learn go, not a project to be useful. However i would be happy to see some new programs written in go. For example we lack a picture manipulation program. I'd like to see one done the plan 9 way. ie layers as image(6) files and a bunch of small filter programs taht work on them (like crop resample..) And some interface holding this all together. (Maybe a graphics enabled acme?)