If i remember correctly void foo(); in C++ is equivalent to void foo(void) in C. And the type of 'x' (character literal) in C++ is char. Apart from that C++ is a superset of C. But i think it hardly helps him. In the end he will have to follow the conventions the others use. So I'd recommend reading the code you will work on. We use C++ too. And sadly it is hardly consistent since it is written by loads of people and noone bothers to check. But it's mostly readable. No template metaprogramming voodoo. Thankfully i work on some internal tools right now so i can get away with C and yacc. I'm even using plan9 right now to write documentation for one of them :) 2012/11/19 > It was not the question (since it is not a matter of taste but of > professional need), but I find quite significant that nobody has > cited a book of the author of the language as a good reading. > > I'm sorry to say that, for me, this says something about the language > itself... > -- > Thierry Laronde > http://www.kergis.com/ > Key fingerprint = 0FF7 E906 FBAF FE95 FD89 250D 52B1 AE95 6006 F40C > >