* [9fans] p9p ssh-agent for password auth?
@ 2013-03-08 15:00 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2013-03-08 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello everyone,

can plan9port ssh-agent be used to mediate connection to a ssh server
and use a password, or one can only use it in connection with RSA and
DSA keys?
I tried to add a line like this

key proto=pass role=client server=kfes-69.karlov.mff.cuni.cz
service=ssh user=sykora !password=blablabla

to my factotum, but then
9 ssh-agent -l
doesn't show any useable keys...

Thank you for an answer!
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] p9p ssh-agent for password auth?
@ 2013-03-08 16:08 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2013-03-08 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

On 8 March 2013 16:00, Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.sykora@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> can plan9port ssh-agent be used to mediate connection to a ssh server
> and use a password, or one can only use it in connection with RSA and
> DSA keys?

I now see that 9 ssh-agent is really only to deal with passphrases of
the dsa/rsa keys.
It would probably be necessary to change the ssh program itself to
contact factotum,
if one wanted that the factotum supply the password in the clear.

If my conclusions are wrong, please, let me know.
Thanks
Ruda