* [9fans] Chrome and 9
@ 2014-12-07 19:35 Roswell Grey
From: Roswell Grey @ 2014-12-07 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's no question that the Chromebook makes a wonderful candidate to
integrate features of 9 into. The thing was practically BUILT for
distributed computing, what with app servers and cloud integration tightly
integrated into the hardware. What I was thinking was creating a chrome
extension for 9P and the distributed file system, so that there'd be an
easy way to connect 9 machines and maybe even create a chrome 9 grid for
super processing. What would be your opinion on doing such a thing?
Practical? Waste of time? Wanna help?

* Re: [9fans] Chrome and 9
@ 2014-12-07 23:59 ` da Tyga
From: da Tyga @ 2014-12-07 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I think that Plan9Port using the underlying Linux OS might be a better
choice.  I have also been thinking about cross-compiling from a Plan9
install (such as that on Raspberry Pi) to Samsung ARM based ChromeBook.

Getting Plan9 to work with fastboot and implementing device drivers for the
various ChromeBooks might be a lot of work.  Don't know enough to justify
my assumptions though.

@ 2014-12-08 10:31   ` Sergey Zhilkin
From: Sergey Zhilkin @ 2014-12-08 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs