* [9fans] [GSoC] interesting in teaching Plan9 to speak mDNS
@ 2013-04-25  5:55 Woody K
From: Woody K @ 2013-04-25  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, all.

I am K woody, a graduated student in ECE . I used to implement a DNS server
and proxy on a linux-based system and I would like to make my own
contributions to port these software to Plan 9. So I choose this task.

First, I would like to introduce myself.
I am a student of  electronics & communication engineering. And I've
been working on several programming based projects, one of the most related
is I implemented a DNS server and proxy with my teammates. I have been
using C/C++ for 5 years under both windows and linux systems and I'm
famillar with the debugging tools such as gcc and VS. In addition, I have good
programming habits. I am also familiar with version control systems such as
svn and cvs.

I'll start to build and run Plan 9 by now, and I'm willing to
involve in further discussion about this project. I would be glad to work
on it if given a chance. I would like to do some basic work in the next few
days to help the community decide about my application. If there are any
set of tasks you would like me to perform prior to submitting my
application, please let me know.

Thank you for time. Please feel free to make suggestions and comments
on my idea.