Thanks, this looks to be exactly what I was hoping to do. The idea wasn't as original as I thought. On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 11:27 AM Skip Tavakkolian < skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com> wrote: > This might be a good place to start: > > https://bitbucket.org/dhoskin/9webdraw/src/default/ > > On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 7:36 AM Chris McGee wrote: > >> Hi All, >> >> I'm looking at creating an alternate filesystem for /dev/draw, /dev/mouse >> and /dev/kbd that hooks up to a web server providing HTML interfaces (e.g. >> canvas) for Plan 9 UI. I've been reading over the manual pages, which are >> quite detailed, which is great, but there are some points of confusion for >> me. >> >> In particular, /dev/draw's interface and documentation keep referring to >> the concept of a "window" indirectly. It seems that in some cases the >> server providing /dev/draw needs to track windows and refresh them. But, >> what defines a window in this protocol? Is every image a window or only >> some of them? >> >> Also, I'm trying to understand how off-screen images, such as fonts are >> loaded. It seems that every image must be associated with a screen and be >> given a position within the screen. So, how do you prevent the image from >> being visible to the user? >> >> Hopefully, if I can understand some of the high-level concepts here then >> the manual page will be all that I need. Does anyone have experience with >> this area or could point me to information that might help clarify it? >> >> My next step will probably be to figure out how libmemdraw does all of >> this on top of a frame buffer. >> >> Thanks, >> Chris >> >