This is such a weird message coming from the dude that's been spewing argumentative shit all over everyone's inboxes for the last two days. On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 7:48 PM Don A. Bailey wrote: > I don’t think you realize that you have your entire emotional perception > of this situation flipped. > > This was a simple comment on why I strongly disagreed with VT’s request > for a 5th Release. I explained myself. I did not get emotional, nor am I > emotional now. What I did receive is a lot of strange emotional responses > for which I have neither time nor interest. And frankly, neither should > anyone here. > > Who cares if I like 9front? I’m not against it, nor the developers. I’m > simply against *joining* 9front with 9legacy/etc as a formal release. I > personally believe that’s a bad move. > > Don’t agree? Ok, so what? I’m one dude. And yet the gaggle of you people > have tried to drag me down some psychoanalytical rabbit hole, and waste my > entire day. And because I won’t let you drag me into it, and because I > respond with short unemotional statements, you somehow think *I’m* the bad > guy because I won’t devolve into your world. > > Geez guys seriously… go touch grass and have a life. Know what I did today > instead of engaging with your bullshit? I did my job. I played with my son. > I cooked us an amazing dinner. We built a fort. We looked at deer outside. > We listened to music. > > All that because I didn’t waste my time with long bullshit responses that > wouldn’t satisfy you, anyway, because I disagree with 9front being merged. > Who cares? > > Live your life, man. > > > > > On Jan 25, 2024, at 9:18 PM, Michael Misch > wrote: > > > > How you react to being told that you are behaving poorly, and it’s > neither appreciated or respected, speaks volumes. It’s telling, as you say, > that your take is to get defensive and, honestly, shitty. Emotional > maturity may be lacking in general on the list but please do not posture > from some imagined moral high ground. It’s so tiring, just do better. > >> On Jan 25, 2024, at 15:38, Don A. Bailey wrote: > >> > >> It’s telling that you see a difference of opinion as a temper tantrum. > A major problem with people’s perspective of 9front and the current plan 9 > community, honestly. > >> > >> > >> > >>>> On Jan 25, 2024, at 6:35 PM, Jacob Moody wrote: > >>> > >>> On 1/25/24 16:03, Don A. Bailey wrote: > >>>> I’m aware you’re a member of the foundation. > >>>> > >>>> What I want I think I’ve made clear. I do not want to see a formal > release of Plan 9 that includes anything from the 9front project. I do not > want 9front merged with what I tongue-in-cheek term “mainline” (9legacy / > 9pio updated patch sets). I’d rather 9front stay its own thing. I’m certain > there are a lot of relevant contributions within 9front but I think its > place is as its own niche system. > >>> > >>> Who is going to do the work? Do you want to do the work? Do you think > this temper tantrum you've been throwing on > >>> this list all day is somehow going to convince anyone else to work > with/for you? > >>> It's rich that you feel like you can dictate rules (no 9front code) > but have no interest in making any effort > >>> yourself to make that a reality. > >>> > >>> I await your "better" plan 9. > >>> > >>> - moody > >>> ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T42f11e0265bcfa18-M235c1b9d66e6f524fa4a384c Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription