* 9P Network Boot and Proxy Boot
@ 2020-08-04 12:15 Akira Moroo
From: Akira Moroo @ 2020-08-04 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello folks,

I show you 9pfsPkg, my 9P client file system for UEFI. Thanks to the
network-transparency of 9P, it can boot any non-network-aware boot
images without any modification. The source code is available at:

* https://github.com/yabits/9pfsPkg

As an application of the flexibility of 9P Boot, I also propose Proxy
Boot, booting from another remote file system via the 9P server. By
using this, we can do network boot from cloud storage (e.g. Google Cloud
Storage using gcsfuse).

Please see my blog post for more details.

* https://retrage.github.io/2020/08/01/9pfspkg-en.html

I'm afraid of posting off-topic to the mailing list, but I would like to
say thank you to all Plan 9 developers for making 9P.

--
Akira Moroo

* Re: [9fans] 9P Network Boot and Proxy Boot
@ 2020-08-04 15:03 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2020-08-04 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans