On 6 May 2014 10:52, wrote: > like systems, one may not be even able to link the thing. Recently I saw that the source of the underlying engine for (I think) Chrome had roughly halved in size. I'm not sure if that's the same version as the you've got. They'd done trendy things like devise and implement suitable abstractions for different parts of the graphics/browsing model, and implemented those in a modular way, and surprisingly, it got simpler and smaller. It's actually quite hard to do with the browser, because the standard specifications are not well-suited for either writing HTML or implementing it, so it's hard to see what abstractions might actually be needed or would work.