The user is intended to see these messages: that's the point of pprint. The messages refer to a program the user is running. It produces diagnostics from the kernel to the user, and thus correctly uses standard error. On 17 Apr 2013 18:54, wrote: > > there is no kprint in plan 9. neither can one > > syslog from the kernel. > > I was going to be clearer, then got lazy: > > -lr--r----- c 0 lucio lucio 0 Mar 21 20:44 /dev/kprint > > that's the console, I've never investigated how the kernel writes to > it, but it sounds like the right place for diagnostics that should not > get mixed up with the user's stderr. > > ++L > > >