ANSI C has a "_Noreturn" attribute that I started to implement, but I think I might fall back to a #pragma, which would be quicker to do. On 28 February 2013 14:15, Steve Simon wrote: > I have rebuilt equis with the change in ape's select > and it seems to work fine (tested with xlock and xterm only). > > this was not quite straightforward due to changes in ape, and > the compiler becomming a little stricter. > > On this subject, what is the general feeling on integer > type'ed functions which call exit() before falling off the > end of the function? > > This is fairly common in X11 and I have just added a return 0 on > the end to push the code through the compiler, but should the > compiler be taught about this case? > > if so, it gets a bit nasty as this feature is named > exit() under ape and exits() in native plan9. > > Personally I think falling of the end of a function > is a bug and should be fixed, but perhaps it should > just be a warning rather than an error to make > building foreign code simpler. > > -Steve > >