If Intel sells you lemons, make lemonade (ok, ok, at least a whiskey sour). I myself welcome our new speculative overlords, and look forward to new interesting predictions, and perhaps even a renewed interest in single-address space systems, since that's what we've got. On 10 January 2018 at 21:43, wrote: > > all binaries on any repo (9p.io, 9front.org, bell-labs.com) are taken on > > faith to be safe; but it applies there too. > > does anyone read all the various rc scripts carefully? > > how's that comparable? the broken promise is that web > code will be contained in the browser tab so nobody needs > to trust that code. and we can just run it. that assumption > is proven over and over again to not be true due to bugs > in the interpreter and bugs in the massive libraries exposed > to it and now theres a case where its broken even if there is > no obvious flaw in the interpreter. > > nobody promised, or tried to do that with a plan9 process. > > code running in plan9 can do whatever you can do. and > easily crash the whole system. so you obviouly need to > be cautous about what you run. > > and yes, you should read the code. > > -- > cinap > >