On 13 April 2016 at 14:08, Chris McGee wrote: > I believe that my rpi only has the 512MB of RAM so I’ll add swap. It should be enough to increase the available virtual space by changing that #define. It won't need a swap file unless the program forces all that to be allocated, which it shouldn't, and if it does, you still won't want to swap since it doesn't work well. In fact, I've ripped the paging and swap crud out of my own systems. The time for that was years ago, and it certainly makes no sense at all on any small device. The code and data get a lot simpler too.