I used Ka/Kb/Kc (upper case) for my Fairchild Clipper port, but that doesn't work on case-insensitive file systems. I did once make the changes for unicode, but again there can be problems with non-Plan9 file systems, even now. On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 12:43, Ethan Gardener wrote: > On Tue, Oct 30, 2018, at 4:52 AM, Lucio De Re wrote: > > > > Is there a technical reason (beside fonts that do not cover them) not > > to use a Unicode values for the first letter? > > Not a major reason, but at least one of Plan 9's build tools compares them > as C chars, and would need to be fixed. I can't remember which one it is > right now. > > -- > Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- > Ogden Nash > >