Not really. One just implements them. For instance, there's no requirement for all function bodies to use the same scheme. The unusual bit is that you need to tell the loader what's going on, but there are still a few bits free for that. I haven't looked at the details here, but I've had to implement this before, for Ada, in a different environment, and don't remember it being too hard, compared to a big list of much harder things. On 16 January 2012 16:07, Joel C. Salomon wrote: > This would make it difficult to implement C99's variable-length > (actually, run-time-determined--length) arrays. >