On 18 October 2015 at 23:43, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote: > BAM! I run straight into RUDP. "Designed at Bell Labs for the Plan 9 > operating system". I just skimmed through the (expired) IETF draft from > 1999 and I honestly think the design might be too much. It looks like > it's almost completely like TCP, but without segmenting and possibly > The Cisco RUDP defined in the IETF draft is not the rudp in the Plan 9 code. Both use a UDP shell to carry their packets, but the two RUDP headers are different. The protocols seem to be unrelated. The Cisco one is derived from an earlier BBN one, and all three had the tcp-like SYN/ACK/RST flags. Plan 9's does not.