the hostowner might not have permission to write in / on the file system (ie, it's not like unix's "root") if you try the mount -c /srv/boot /n/boot method: h% mount -c /srv/boot /n/boot h% ls -ld /n/boot d-rwxrwxr-x M 62152 adm adm 0 Mar 2 2010 /n/boot on my system, i'd need to be adm or someone in group adm. you can add yourself to group adm (perhaps not always wise, but i suppose sometimes it's reasonable), but you need to use the file system console for that as well. that's why it's usually easier to create it via the console, as suggested. On 20 May 2012 21:49, andrew zerger wrote: > Well, my hostowner user cant seem to fudge the /tmp either (not by any > sane means such as unmount or rm)