* Re: [9fans] simple acid question
       [not found] <CAP6exYKLA6VPdhog5fJVe02NCxg5mhNhXew5gqDg8DO9CKu1eQ@mail.gmail.c>
@ 2011-09-04  4:19 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-09-04  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rminnich, 9fans

On Sat Sep  3 19:12:01 EDT 2011, rminnich@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm reading some code into an area of data and trying to run it. I'm
> not clear on how to tell acid that this area of memory is now
> executable code, such that commands such as asm() will work.
>
> I've tried a few iterations of map() but I'm clearly doing something
> wrong ... has anyone done this?

i'm not sure if you're just literally dumping code in or what, but
something like

	acid: dump(0xdfffefb4, 4, "I")
	0xdfffefb4: SHRB	$0xff,BH
	0xdfffefb7: FMOVW	0x0(AX),F0
	0xdfffefb9: ADDB	AL,0x0(AX)
	0xdfffefbb: ADDB	AL,0x0(AX)
	0xdfffefbd: ADDB	AL,0x0(AX)

will bypass the fiddling with the executable that is causing you trouble.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] simple acid question
@ 2011-09-04  5:58   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2011-09-04  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erik quanstrom; +Cc: 9fans

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:

>        acid: dump(0xdfffefb4, 4, "I")
>        0xdfffefb4: SHRB        $0xff,BH
>        0xdfffefb7: FMOVW       0x0(AX),F0
>        0xdfffefb9: ADDB        AL,0x0(AX)
>        0xdfffefbb: ADDB        AL,0x0(AX)
>        0xdfffefbd: ADDB        AL,0x0(AX)
>
> will bypass the fiddling with the executable that is causing you trouble.

yep, I'm doing that, but it would be way more convenient to have it
really work (e.g. step would be nice).

ron

* [9fans] simple acid question
@ 2011-09-03 23:10 ron minnich