He didn't ask about 9front. On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Iruatã Souza wrote: > 9front solved that 5 years ago. > > On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 5:20 AM, wrote: > > Hello, > > > > On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 11:07:03PM +0000, Steve Simon wrote: > >> Hi, > >> > >> I run a modified labs kernel with a few bits of 9atom to support my atom > >> Motherboard. > >> > >> I have added an ssd to the mirrored disks in my plan9 server. > >> The initialisation of devfs fails without a helpful error message > (something I will sort out) > >> > >> However the source of the problem seems to be boot/parts.c which fails > to instantiate the last partition on my disks. This causes devfs to give up > rather than continuing to retry other partitions. My kernel then cannot > find its venti partition and dies with a panic. > >> > >> If I boot using a different partition structure I can bring up the > machine, and see that this one partition is indeed missing. > >> > >> If I run disk/prep on the disk and rewrite the partition table > unchanged, the missing partition appears. > >> > >> Anyone seen problems with the partition table generation code in > boot/part.c? > >> If not I will keep digging but I thought it was worth asking. > > > > I had a problem (and still have) with the plan9 program because the code > > rewrites the whole partition entry, recomputing the values of the start > > and so on even with partitions "untouched" rendering the machine > > unbootable because the starting block was not the correct one. > > > > I have never found neither the time nor the incentive to correct this > > part. > > > > I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem at hand. > > > > Best, > > -- > > Thierry Laronde > > http://www.kergis.com/ > > Key fingerprint = 0FF7 E906 FBAF FE95 FD89 250D 52B1 AE95 6006 F40C > > > >