From: Deepak Chawla <dchawla@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] install failing to detect SATA disk
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:57:11 -0600	[thread overview]

Good news:
9atom successfully detected the SATA drive, the unpartitioned space in it
and used it for the installation.

Bad news:
It ended up corrupting my Linux root partition which was after the
unpartitioned space. Fortunately I had a back of the root partition and I
could quickly recover it. Having some issues booting (rootfs is being
mounted ro). Once I fix this I'll check if the 9atom installation is broken
because it might be assuming it has some space in the next partition. I'll
let you know how it goes.