Good news: 9atom successfully detected the SATA drive, the unpartitioned space in it and used it for the installation. Bad news: It ended up corrupting my Linux root partition which was after the unpartitioned space. Fortunately I had a back of the root partition and I could quickly recover it. Having some issues booting (rootfs is being mounted ro). Once I fix this I'll check if the 9atom installation is broken because it might be assuming it has some space in the next partition. I'll let you know how it goes. On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Peter A. Cejchan wrote: > Yes, I can recommend Erik' s 9atom, too, it solved my problems with > installation onto a SATA-II HD some time ago... > > Regards, > ++pac > > > On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > >> > Back to the Plan 9 install issue on native h/w.. does Plan 9 support >> SATA >> > controllers? My VBox VM also needed the HDD to be on the IDE controller. >> >> it does support ahci controllers. vbox causes problems for a lot of oses, >> and that's probablly a bigger project. >> >> i'm going to guess this is a power management issue. the ahci driver >> was written before the standard, and thus has been a little slow in >> catching up. >> >> could you try downloading 9atom, which is quite close to the distribution >> (http://ftp.quanstro.net/other/9atom.iso.bz2)? it has a few power >> management wiggles that may fix your issue. >> >> - erik >> >> >