1. I have a similar setup.. grub multi-boot with Win7, Linux and Plan9. Works great. I use the same way to boot Plan9 as I do to boot Win7 2. You'll need to resize the filesystem first, not sure which fs you have (fossil?) and if you can resize it. If you can, resize the fs to smaller than the desired partition size, then resize the partition, and then expand the fs to fill the partition (new size) 3. If you can't find a way to resize the file system, reinstalling may be the best bet. On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Terry Wendt wrote: > After installing plan9 I managed to delete the plan9.ini file. I also > made a mistake while installing, I chose to let plan9 have all the free > space remaining - about 25Gig. > > This machine has winxp on the first partition and I'd like to install > grub2 as a boot loader to choose between winxp, plan9, and a varying flavor > of linux or bsd. > > Query 1: Will plan9 play nice with grub2? > > Query 2: Can I "safely" use gparted on the plan9 partition and shrink it > down, or will it complain, vomit, and generally refuse to be budged? > > Query 3: Should I just reinstall plan9, fixing the partition problem and > the plan9.ini problem? I'll learn less that way, but then again I can > install 9atom instead... > > Any suggestions would be appreciated. > > Cheers, > Terry. >