Got mouse back on the VBox VM - had to uncheck "Enable absolute pointing device" under Settings->Systems->Motherboard. Back to the Plan 9 install issue on native h/w.. does Plan 9 support SATA controllers? My VBox VM also needed the HDD to be on the IDE controller. On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Deepak Chawla wrote: > No /dev/sd* directory. I only found a /dev/sdctl. > > On a side note, I got plan 9 installed on a VBox VM - had to install an > older version of VBox and use IDE controller for the virtual disk. > Mouse worked during install but not after that. > On Feb 16, 2013 1:06 AM, "erik quanstrom" wrote: > >> On Sat Feb 16 02:00:46 EST 2013, dchawla@gmail.com wrote: >> >> > sorry.. very new to plan9 >> > >> > how to I open a new terminal to run the command? >> >> first a bit of terminology. the mouse buttons in plan 9 are >> B1, B2, B3 from left to right. the right most button is always >> B3 even if there is no middle button. >> >> hold b3 down in the grey background and a menu will appear. >> release with "new" highlighted. goto one the top left corner, >> press and hold b3 and sweep to bottom right corner, then release b3. >> >> - erik >> >> ps. here's a more complete reference: >> >> http://www.quanstro.net/newbie-guide.pdf >> >>