No /dev/sd* directory. I only found a /dev/sdctl. On a side note, I got plan 9 installed on a VBox VM - had to install an older version of VBox and use IDE controller for the virtual disk. Mouse worked during install but not after that. On Feb 16, 2013 1:06 AM, "erik quanstrom" wrote: > On Sat Feb 16 02:00:46 EST 2013, dchawla@gmail.com wrote: > > > sorry.. very new to plan9 > > > > how to I open a new terminal to run the command? > > first a bit of terminology. the mouse buttons in plan 9 are > B1, B2, B3 from left to right. the right most button is always > B3 even if there is no middle button. > > hold b3 down in the grey background and a menu will appear. > release with "new" highlighted. goto one the top left corner, > press and hold b3 and sweep to bottom right corner, then release b3. > > - erik > > ps. here's a more complete reference: > > http://www.quanstro.net/newbie-guide.pdf > >