In the past, I've had problems installing 9atom/plan9 on the latest version of VirtualBox, but I could install it on a VM from an older (4.1.24?) rev of VirtualBox. I have since updated to the latest VirtualBox and my VMs have continued to work. I haven't tried an install on a new VM since I updated. On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Terry Wendt wrote: > I read in the plan9 google groups archive that plan9-20120703.iso was > known to work with vbox... I thought at the time I had the right version of > vbox, but the minor version number may have been different. I also wasn't > aware that qemu could work with out the support from the proc. Is that > version dependent also, or only on a Microsquish OS version of qemu? > > Cheers, > Terry. > > > > On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > >> > 9front works in virtualbox. >> >> i don't think it's that simple. 9atom runs in at least one install of >> vbox, but i have also seen it fail. the reports on the list have been >> that >> it takes a little magic, and the right vbox version. >> >> - erik > > >