* [9fans] [p9p] restart program on Acme Load
@ 2014-01-10 10:06 dexen deVries
From: dexen deVries @ 2014-01-10 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hi list,

this is plan 9 port Acme question: how do i make Acme restart application upon
Load? the only thing i care about is the correct working directory.

i'm running `git gui' from Acme; the tag indicates it with `git' word. upon
Dump, restart Acme, Load, the `git' word is recreated in tag, but the program
is not started.

--
dexen deVries

[[[↓][→]]]

* Re: [9fans] [p9p] restart program on Acme Load
@ 2014-01-10 10:38 ` Rubén Berenguel
From: Rubén Berenguel @ 2014-01-10 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've been using Acme from p9p to interact with gnu-apl (sadly it has some
quirks that make it kind of unusable...) and I am also interested in
hearing of a way to do it (it was a mild pain to have to write ./apl
--emacs each time I opened and closed acme or gnu-apl crashed.

Ruben

@ 2014-01-10 14:03 ` Alexander Sychev
From: Alexander Sychev @ 2014-01-10 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi!

It seems dump file doesn't have application-specific info - it has to start
with 'e' symbol.
I have manually edited my acme.dump :
<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

/home/santucco
/usr/local/plan9/font/fixed/anon/anon.14.font
/lib/font/bit/lucm/unicode.9.font
  0.0000000  67.8832117
w Newcol Kill Putall Dump Exit
e          0           0           0           0           0
         0          0          0           0           0  Amail
/home/santucco/
amail
<-------------------------------------------------------------------->
And Load command runs amail.
But Dump command doesn't save the info back to acme.dump

Maybe this is a bug in rowdump function?

Best regards,
  santucco

--
Best regards,
  santucco

* Re: [9fans] [p9p] restart program on Acme Load
@ 2014-01-10 14:36   ` dexen deVries
From: dexen deVries @ 2014-01-10 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Friday 10 of January 2014 17:03:07 Alexander Sychev wrote:
> But Dump command doesn't save the info back to acme.dump
>

> Maybe this is a bug in rowdump function?

found `dump' in acme(4)

echo 'dump git gui' | 9p write acme/$winid/ctl
and then Dump
got me close -- but the `git gui' was started in wrong dir -- in Acme's
getwd() rather than window's directory.

--
dexen deVries

[[[↓][→]]]

* Re: [9fans] [p9p] restart program on Acme Load
@ 2014-01-10 15:10     ` Alexander Sychev
From: Alexander Sychev @ 2014-01-10 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Maybe it makes a sence to set the directory via 'dumpdir'?
Really, it seems this is only way to set command to be executed - according
to the sources, 'e' is dumped if Window::dumpstr is filled, and
Window::dumpstr is filled by 'dump' command.

--
Best regards,
  santucco

* Re: [9fans] [p9p] restart program on Acme Load
@ 2014-01-10 17:02   ` sl
From: sl @ 2014-01-10 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You could put your long command line into a shell script
that takes no arguments and run that shell script from
acme's tag.

sl