Ah, ok. I'll try that. Thank you! On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 11:05 AM Stanley Lieber wrote: > "James A. Robinson" wrote: > > >So in a canonical installation the auth server mounts its root from the > >file server? > > > >On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:47 AM Stanley Lieber wrote: > > > >> The idea is that there is one file system shared by all the > >neighboring > >> systems. The canonical Plan 9 installation comprises one disk file > >server > >> and many diskless computing machines (auth servers, cpu servers, > >terminals). > >> > > Yes. You can arrange for hands-free booting by storing the same > authid/authdom/password in the nvram of both the file server and the auth > server. I usually boot the auth server from a 9fat partition or a USB key, > then tcp (actually, tls) mount the root file system from the file server. > > sl > >