From: "James A. Robinson" <jim.robinson@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] question re acme and plumber
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 12:57:35 -0700	[thread overview]

Thank you.  I did try using the shorter match for just the filename,
but while that works fine in terms of sending it via plumb(1) acme
doesn't seem to know what to do with it when I click within the line.

Acme only processes it if I sweep the entire match.  So that's what
led me to expand the plumber rule so I could select the bulk of the
line (it's easier for me to select).

Looking at src/cmd/acme/look.c I see that look3 has a section
discussing sending a whitespace delimited section to the plumber,
but it is guarded by a check of (plumbsendfd >= 0), and I see the
initialization of plumbsendfd in my copy of acme.c is commented
out.

I'm going to see how my copy differs from the latest, maybe that
will give me a clue as to what's changing in this area of the
code.

Jim