I wonder if the Inferno guys did anything like that. There was a youtube video from John Floren talking about his work replacing Java w/ Inferno on an Android phone and I think he mentioned some ideas he had consider w/re to driving graphics using a 9p interface. On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Chris McGee wrote: > Hello All, > > I am looking at the specs for a GPU and was thinking about something > analogous to /dev/draw, but for 3D graphics. Kind of like OpenGL except > exposed as a filesystem so that it is network mountable and programmed in > any language (even rc). > > Does anyone know if this kind of thing has been done before for plan 9? > Any relevant papers or documents out there? > > My first thought involves representing elements in the graphics pipeline > as files where you can write shader language code. Also a vertex file to > write or read floating point vertex data. Maybe something more abstract > would be better with scene graph and camera controls would be better match > for a filesystem implementation. > > Thanks, > Chris >