It's actually a reference to the original array, I believe. On May 24, 2015 10:55:31 AM CDT, erik quanstrom wrote: >> Uhm I might be mistaken, but I guess [8192]byte is an array, and >[]byte are >> slices - therefore they are different types. >> > >yes, exactly. i suppose this implies that different size arrays are >not type compatable >(yea pascal). also the fu := bar[:] looks a lot like the tedious >casting from c, and implies >dynamic allocation of the slice, i'm guessing. > >- erik -- Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.