* [9fans] 9vx on mountain lion
@ 2013-02-17  6:58 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2013-02-17  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello 9fans,

my 9vx that was in 9vx-0.12 does not work on mountain lion.
that leads to panic with a message:

-bash$ 9vx.OSX
71 rio fault 0x8 no segment

anyone has newer version or patch?

Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on mountain lion
@ 2013-02-17  8:08 ` Ярослав Коломієць
From: Ярослав Коломієць @ 2013-02-17  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Try to compile from https://bitbucket.org/rminnich/vx32

@ 2013-02-17 22:57   ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2013-02-17 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thank you, Ярослав.

I installed the patch: rminnich-vx32-17a064eed9c2
However,
-bash$ gnumake
9vx/osx/screen.c: In function ‘setcursor’:
9vx/osx/screen.c:547: error: ‘OSXCursor’ undeclared (first use in this function)
9vx/osx/screen.c:547: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
9vx/osx/screen.c:547: error: for each function it appears in.)
9vx/osx/screen.c:547: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘oc’
9vx/osx/screen.c:552: error: ‘oc’ undeclared (first use in this function)
9vx/osx/screen.c:557: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘SetCursor’
gnumake: *** [9vx/osx/screen.o] Error 1
rm 9vx/factotum.S 9vx/kfs.S 9vx/bzfs.S 9vx/boot.S 9vx/rootfs.S 9vx/venti.S 9vx/fossil.S 9vx/9660srv.S
-bash$

anyone fixed this problem?

Kenji Arisawa

@ 2013-02-17 23:09     ` Benjamin Huntsman
From: Benjamin Huntsman @ 2013-02-17 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Nice... I was just getting that same error a few days ago when I tried to build it too.
I chalked it up to some earlier posts that said something along the lines of "use a binary from Snow Leopard"... and didn't want to ask around to see if it's been fixed.

Glad to see I'm not alone...

-Ben

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on mountain lion
@ 2013-02-18  1:04       ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2013-02-18  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It's the long ago announced (over five years ago) and finally enacted removal of Carbon APIs that are biting you. At some point someone can pull in the changes from darwin-cocoa or recent p9p devdraw/cocoa-screen.m to get 9vx to build and run on OSX 10.8+.

-jas

@ 2013-02-18  7:59         ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2013-02-18  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

Thanks for the information.

it was bothersome to apply cocoa-screen.m in p9p to screen.c in vx32.
The problem comes from the function setcursor() in screen.c.
so, for the temporally, I made the function dummy.
it seems the compiled 9vx is stable  without serious problems.
remaining problems are:
(a) cursor shape keeps same as that of Mac
(b) initial back ground color is white. that should be dark grey.
both are bearable for me.
thanks for all.

Kenji Arisawa

@ 2013-02-18 10:10   ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2013-02-18 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Try to compile from https://bitbucket.org/rminnich/vx32

I understood that the consolidated repository was

	https://bitbucket.org/yiyus/vx32

Am I missing something?

++L

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on mountain lion
@ 2013-02-18 12:24     ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-02-18 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I understood that the consolidated repository was
>
>         https://bitbucket.org/yiyus/vx32
>
> Am I missing something?

Yiyus' and Ron's repositories have the same content.

The current vx32 repository (based on Ron's) is:

https://bitbucket.org/0intro/vx32

It doesn't fix the reported problem anyway.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on mountain lion
@ 2013-02-18 12:51       ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2013-02-18 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Yiyus' and Ron's repositories have the same content.
>
> The current vx32 repository (based on Ron's) is:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/0intro/vx32

That's three, I guess there's strength in numbers :-)

> It doesn't fix the reported problem anyway.

And I'm still praying for the Go fixes, but they don't seem to be much
of a priority.  It would be nice if the (partial) fixes for OS-X were
to find their way into the repository, though.

++L

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on mountain lion
@ 2013-02-18 16:22         ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2013-02-18 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Take a look at the changes in

	https://bitbucket.org/jas/drawterm-cocoa

A bit different from the p9p side, but does handle the cursor
changes et al.

-jas

@ 2013-02-18 23:38           ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2013-02-18 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)