* Re: [9fans] SML for Plan 9?
@ 2001-01-03 13:01 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2001-01-03 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Perhaps one of the other ML implementations would be somewhat
> easier to port under the APE....  Thanks again.

Would Caml Light be useful? (http://caml.inria.fr) I was using it under
2nd edition Plan 9 a few years back.  Email me if you would like a copy.

-- Richard Miller

* Re: [9fans] SML for Plan 9?
@ 2001-01-02 22:28     ` Howard Trickey
From: Howard Trickey @ 2001-01-02 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yeah, that was me.  I worked on Plan 9 pretty much since its inception,
until about 1992 or 1993, and then I spent two years on a largish SML
program to enforce database constraints, a joint project with someone who
worked on UNIX but I wanted to work on SML.  And I was for a long time the
only real Acme user besides Rob.  I liked it a lot.

Unfortunately these days I'm working on another project (wireless
optimization) that is required to work on Windows, so I've been programming
on the dark side for a year or so...

- Howard

> Thanks Howard.  Looks like I might be out of luck for now.
> The Acme paper mentions someone who really digs Acme but
> programs almost eclusively in SML, might that be you?
>
> Perhaps one of the other ML implementations would be somewhat
> easier to port under the APE....  Thanks again.
>
> - Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] SML for Plan 9?
@ 2001-01-02 21:54     ` William K. Josephson
From: William K. Josephson @ 2001-01-02 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 04:08:33PM -0500, Dan Cross wrote:

> Perhaps one of the other ML implementations would be somewhat
> easier to port under the APE....  Thanks again.

Perhaps Moscow ML?

 -WJ

* Re: [9fans] SML for Plan 9?
@ 2001-01-02 21:08   ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-01-02 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <009c01c074ea$01d74bb0$62356887@HWTPC> you write:

@ 2001-01-02 18:29 ` Howard Trickey

> I seem to recall that there used to be a version of SML/NJ for Plan 9.
> Does anyone know if such a thing still exists?  I can find no mention
> of it on the SML/NJ web page, the Plan 9 page, or in the FAQ.  Actually,
> any SML environment for Plan 9 would be fine....  Thanks!

* [9fans] SML for Plan 9?
@ 2001-01-02 18:21 Dan Cross