* [9fans] irc client (maybe server) project looking for contributors
@ 2001-06-15 17:18 Matt
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Matt @ 2001-06-15 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: hangar18

Okay, we're developing the irc thing at work. So while my head is full of
irc stuff I'd like to take the opportunity to develop some IRC stuff for
plan9 / Inferno.

I've done the bot but it was pretty simplistic.

I'm inspired to do a client (and I kinda promised ;).

Is anyone interested in contributing?
Even if it's just at the design and planning stage.

I'd welcome anyone's input.
I've got plenty of ideas of what I'd like to see.

I know I said it'd be Limbo on Inferno but that's not set in stone.
Acme strikes me as a good application host for irc which would make it
"cross platform" (plan9 AND inferno!)
On the other hand I'd like to get to grips with tk on Inferno (and then I
might get a free T-Shirt too!)

Matt

* Re: [9fans] irc client (maybe server) project looking for contributors
@ 2001-06-15 22:14 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-06-15 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>Acme strikes me as a good application host for irc which would make it
>>"cross platform" (plan9 AND inferno!)

beto did a basic irc client in alef for old old acme

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2587 bytes --]

From: "Matt" <matt@proweb.co.uk>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Cc: <hangar18@einstein.ssz.com>
Subject: [9fans] irc client (maybe server) project looking for contributors
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:18:25 +0100

@ 2001-06-15 22:17 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-06-15 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>If it's to be written in limbo, of course, you don't get the new
>>compositing model, so the comic creation side of it is a less attractive
>>job.

just you wait