* RE: [9fans] [absolute newbie] Problems with Riva TNT
@ 2003-12-02  7:31 cej
From: cej @ 2003-12-02  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

when you now boot from cd and select "Try out Plan 9 from CD" (or like)
do you get into graphics regime, or not? Did you login as 'glenda' for the first time?
(I'm eternal 9-newbie, so I just guess...)

cross fingers, and don't give up!
++pac.

From: Russ Cox @ 2003-12-02 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, 0102806h

Andrey says that the nvidia driver is up-to-date,
so try downloading a fresh Plan 9 CD and see if your
problem goes away.  We'd stopped building the CDs
nightly when we switched file servers, due to a
few configuration errors.

Also, the separate sources snapshot is no more.
Now the installation CD _is_ the sources snapshot.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] [absolute newbie] Problems with Riva TNT
@ 2003-12-01 13:53 ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-12-01 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

sadly the only way you can get a new kernel in requires either to use
'ed' (the standard editor when rio isn't running) or boot from the
disk and work a bit of magic to get a new kernel from
sources.cs.bell-labs...

this really should've been fixed in the default installation.  the
change appears to be there (> 0x20 -> >= 0x20) but depending on which
kernel you're booting you may be using sources as far back as Dec
15th, 2002.

email me privately and I'll walk you through building a new kernel
without using rio..

i'll probably add it to the wiki too.

andrey

* [9fans] [absolute newbie] Problems with Riva TNT
@ 2003-12-01 11:06 Richard Hunt