From: Brantley Coile <brantley@coraid.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] Why not work for a company based on Plan 9?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:15:11 -0400	[thread overview]

hi guys,

as most on this list know, coraid makes storage devices that use plan 9 as the software platform.  we also use it as our primary development environment.  we still run a ken file server here.  plan 9 is fundamental to our vision.  coraid has become a hot silicon valley property and we are about to start another round of hiring developers.  i knew it would be a disservice to this mailing list if i didn't make an announcement here.

developers, qa, and support folks can work either in redwood city, ca or athens, ga.  there are the usual up and coming silicon valley startup stock options.  and in athens, you don't have to pay those silicon valley prices for housing and beer.  athens is very affordable on both these counts, especially the beer as anyone who attended the 2009 iwp9 will attest.

i hope we're creating a place that i would have wanted to work.  it's not every place that you can work with plan 9, get paid for it and participate in a high potential start-up.

please send resume's to me.

brantley